Friday, September 9, 2011

Where Were You When We Were Attacked On 9/11?



Where were you and what were you doing on September 11, 2001?  Where were you when the planes crashed into The Twin Towers, The Pentagon, and Shanksville?

September 11, 2001 is a day I will never forget. It will be etched in my memory forever.  I was in my car driving from Pittsburgh to Steubenville. I was meeting Kevin - my boyfriend at the time, now my husband - along with heading to a theology class.  I was listening to the radio when I heard something about planes hitting buildings. I was thinking what is this that I'm listening to?  I have to say at first I thought I was listening to some work of fiction. Then as I switched through the radio stations I kept hearing the same news. I heard that two planes had crashed into The Twin Towers of The World Trade Center and then I knew that what I had heard before on the radio was in fact a reality.  Then we found out that the horrific, tragic attacks which took place that day were carried out by Islamic extremists. The evil terrorists took the lives of 3000 innocents.  Al Qaeda had declared war on the United States on 9/11.  During my class we prayed for the souls of all those who lost their lives as well as for their loved ones whom they left behind.  May we continue to keep both them and their families in our prayers as we remember those terrible, heartbreaking events that happened 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment